The project is about:
- Developing digital VET approaches and finding solutions to common challenges that teachers have about digital pedagogy especially in relation to Moodle
- Compiling an online resource for teachers ie. a set of instructions on how to make the most of Moodle in VET
- Mapping best practices for Moodle System specialists for supporting the use of digital pedagogy in VET organizations
DigiVET4ALL is about improving the quality of digital vocational education and training by supporting teachers. The products of the project are all closely connected to Moodle support.
One of the products of the project are tangible, hands-on instructions for teachers who use Moodle. The product aimed to meet the needs of a wide range of teachers, from beginners to advanced users, by offering help and advice on how to make the most of Moodle. This product consists of exercise templates, guides and instructions on how Moodle courses can be updated and used to
a) address different learner types
b) enable learning in various different environments
c) make life easier by reducing study material costs and reducing the workload of teachers
d) make the students’ learning experience more dynamic and fun
This product enables teachers to optimize their own use of Moodle.
Another theme addressed were the best practices for Moodle support, management and promotion in VET provider organizations. This product is the result of work done in partner organizations by Moodle system specialists. The products addressing this topic are more technical in nature and include content for Moodle specialists such as default settings, templates and pedagogical guidelines. This product will optimize Moodle use at organisational level.
A questionnaire template that can be used by any organisation wishing to map what kind of support staff members need in using Moodle was also created in the project. Organisations can use this product to direct Moodle support more precisely, targeting areas most in need of help. Furthermore, the content of Moodle support can be tailored to meet the specific needs of the organisation based on the results of the questionnaire.
All of these products have been compiled by Moodle enthusiasts who are trained in various areas on Learning, Teaching and Training activities in Finland, Estonia, Germany and Ireland throughout the duration of the project from 2019 – 2022. The products of the project are freely available for preview and download on the project website at https://www.digivet4all.com. The products can be uploaded to local Moodle Learning management systems and customised at will.
Here are some questions that DIGIVET4ALL seeked to explore and answer. Some of these are reflected in the products and some were addressed in the Learning, Teaching and Training workshops organised by the project partnergroup.
- What are the best practices for modern use of Moodle?
- How do I create a course on Moodle that is more than just a material bank?
- How do I design a pedagogically sound Moodle course?
- How does the structure of the course and different exercise types on it support or hinder learning?
- How can I help students from different language backgrounds?
- How do I address both adult learners and younger learners who are on the same Moodle course?
- Can digital pedagogy be used to reduce learning material costs?
- How do I monitor student progress on Moodle courses?
- How can Moodle support learning that takes place in the workplace?
- Can the same Moodle course be used for both remote and blended learning?
- What is the best way of using other platforms with Moodle? What about different media formats?
- What is the best organization strategy for Moodle?
- How to ensure that Moodle knowledge is spread evenly throughout the organisation?
- How to ensure that staff members make the most out of Moodle?
- How to ensure that staff members get the right kind of support at the right time?
- What are the best practices of promoting Moodle in my organization?
Web page developer: